Tell us about your business
Cormentis Consulting is a Singapore based specialist consultancy that works to enable leaders to create amazing workplaces. We are passionate about people and shaping leaders and teams to understand their purpose and harness their combined power to drive success.
We combine aspects of behavioural science, leadership and social psychology to help you think outside the box and solve difficult problems. We love helping leaders and teams rethink the way they are doing their work and to redesign what being a great team can mean.
What’s your role all about?
Technically I am the founder and Managing Director, but I see myself as a disrupter, helping workplaces break the patterns and thinking that is holding them back. I have a Masters in Human Resources and am also engaged in further research in the field of innovation and team performance.
What’s the hot topic in your sector right now?
Uncertainty – We are seeing a need for resiliency, building emotional literacy and agility support for business. Dealing with ongoing stress and uncertainty is a constant challenge for many leaders and workplaces.
Virtual Capability Leaders and teams are looking to increase their virtual leadership and virtual team-management skills. Helping people shift from Team to ‘teaming’ in a remote environment is an ongoing need.
Transformational Change – The Covid-19 world is bringing about a large degree of strategic change and businesses are needed to respond rapidly. Bringing people with you on the journey is always a high need and especially so at the moment.
Why are you a member of AustCham in Singapore?
I am a firm believer that we are better together than we are as individuals. Having a Chamber that is representative of Australian interests and can advocate on our behalf is critical to all of our success. Additionally, it has been a wonderful place to connect and meet people in the time I have been a member.
Where are your go-to places in Singapore for great coffee?
My go to place for coffee is Common Man on Stanley street. Always good coffee and great energy
48 Hours in Singapore – What Are Your Must-Do Experiences?
Cheap and Cheerful:
- Head to Garden’s by the Bay and hire bikes as you ride around to look at all the wonderful carvings and designs around the gardens. Otters are a common sight and always fun to find. The waterfall and wooden animals carved and hidden all around Cloudland are always fun to explore.
- Head to China Town, Arab street or Little India, check out the amazing and colourful shophouses and stores around the area.
- Great way to finish the day is at Satay street Hawker Market and watch the street’s charcoal BBQ’s come to life as you enjoy a beer and plate of Satay.
For a special day of food and interesting things:
- Breakfast with the Orangutans at Singapore Zoo is always entertaining.
- Head to Dempsey Hill and have a wonderful lunch at Carrot Sticks and Cravings before wandering the small boutique stores around the area.
- In the evening head to Atlas Bar for a cocktail and then dinner at Nouri Restaurant on Amoy Street made by Head Chef Ivan Brehm.